Are you having trouble fixing your circuit box? Do you need help with your faulty electric wires? If you find yourself in the same situation, then this is the perfect time for you to hire an electrician. Electrical troubleshooting is not an easy task to do. This is why getting a professional to do the job is the best decision that you can make. Luckily, Illuminated Electric LLC is always available for any electrical services that our clients need. This blog will guide you in choosing the best electrician for your home.
Why Do You Need an Electrician?
Electrical work is not an easy job to handle, especially if you are not an expert on it. Basically, we hire a professional for immediate assistance and urgent solutions. But, do we really need to hire an electrician? Here’s why.
For Electrical Installation.
If you are just starting to build your home, an electrician will be a handy service for you. Electricians are knowledgeable of the various electric codes and guidelines that your home should observe. They are also capable of installing electrical outlets and systems in your house in the quickest possible time. Getting their help with installation work will make the process shorter, which will also lower the work costs.
For Repairs and Replacements,
A professional electrician can help you accomplish these difficult tasks if your house is quite old or your house has been damaged by a severe typhoon and your electrical outlets and switches need to be repaired or replaced. Electricians are capable of repairing, upgrading, or replacing electrical-related things such as:
- Upgrading or replacing your smoke detectors
- Repairing electrical outlets, switches, and plugs
- Upgrading your electrical panel
- Installing electrical fixtures such as ceiling fans or lighting
- Installing pool lighting
- Installation of RV plugs and or car chargers
- Replacement of old or faulty wires
- Other home electric installations
The Benefits of Hiring a Licensed Electrician
There are lots of benefits and advantages to hiring a licensed electrician. Not only are they the right person for the job, but you can also benefit more from your electrical system even in the long run. Since electricity has been invented, many of our house systems, appliances, and devices are dependent on it. This is why maintaining a well-functioning electrical system will also benefit the whole household.
To enlighten your minds and provide a clear explanation of why hiring a licensed electrician is more beneficial, here are some reasons you can take note of.
Expertise in Electrical Works
We cannot deny the fact that electricians are the people we can trust with our faulty electrical equipment. They are the ones who can help us with troubleshooting, installations, repairs, and maintenance work concerning our electrical system. With their skills and expertise in electrical work, we can always be assured of quality service and guaranteed solutions. Their certifications and licenses only prove that they are more than capable of delivering top-of-the-class services that can’t be achieved in an hour of DIY videos.
Safety and Precautions
Safety is our main concern here. There are several reports of fire outages in various houses in the US that are caused by electrical malfunctions. This only proves that a faulty electrical system will compromise the safety of the people living in the house and the entire structure of the house if not installed or managed properly. Here are common safety benefits that an electrician can guarantee:
- Reduced Risk of Shorts and Fires: An electrician can ensure that your electrical wires are properly installed, adhering to the proper installation guidelines and codes.Short circuits are caused by the “too close” installation of wiring, which creates heat build-ups and melts the surrounding wires, leading to a fume of smoke or fire.
- They Comply With Building Codes: Licensed electricians are the trusted authorities for observing electrical codes, which are necessary and important in the building process. They are the ones knowledgeable of the complexity of details in these electrical codes and can execute the work safely, legally, and reliably. With a complete and well-founded house, with the proper observance of electrical codes, you can increase your house value, which is an advantage when you decide to sell it in the future.
Insurance and Inspection Benefits
Getting a licensed electrician will ensure your home’s integrity throughout the whole electrical work. When things get wrong or there is improper electrical work that results in further damage, your electrician can cover the cost of damage and will ensure restoration. You can also expect regular inspections to secure the condition of your electrical system and avoid unexpected or unforeseen accidents in the future.
If you hire a professional, licensed electrician, you can be sure that the work will be done well and won’t need to be fixed or replaced again soon.Most homeowners think DIY electrical methods can fix their electrical problems. In the end, they have been left with repair work that costs more than hiring a licensed electrician. Not only that, electricians have definite and realistic solutions to every electrical concern in your house. With that, they can give you accurate budget expenses that can guarantee cost-effective solutions in the long run.
The Dangers of DIY Electrical Services
A lot of us are fond of watching DIY projects or 5 minute crafts on the internet. These have been evident to homeowners who are trying DIY electrical work to fix faulty electrical wiring and outlets. What they don’t know is that these DIY videos will not guarantee quality work and effective solutions. In the end, they might just end up with piles of repair costs and replacements. To prevent this from happening to you, hire a licensed electrician that is suited for the job.
If you are not familiar with the dangers of following DIY electrical services, here are some possible consequences of it that everybody should be aware of.
- Fire Accidents: A simple faulty wiring connection or overload circuit that you have mistakenly executed by following DIY electrical services can lead to fire accidents like overheating, electrical sparks, and severe fire outrage.
- Homeowners who are watching DIY electrical videos are susceptible to electrocution incidents, which are dangerous not only to them but to those nearby companions and to the house structure as well.
- Expensive Repair Costs: Improper electrical installations can result in more repair costs in the future, especially if you are not skilled with electrical troubleshooting and you are just relying on DIY videos.
- Violations of Electrical Codes: Without proper guidance and knowledge of standard electrical codes, the chances of violation of proper electrical installations are higher. When this happens, there are possible higher costs for repair and renovation that will be handled by the homeowner eventually. Moreover, building permits cannot be retrieved by merely watching DIY electrical services. This can be manifested by hiring a licensed electrician since they will be doing proper inspections and regulations.
Now is the time to secure your family from unforeseen electrical accidents. Hire a licensed electrician for any electrical work on your house.
If you are still looking for a qualified electrician to do the electrical work for you, you can seek the help of our expert electricians at Illuminated Electric LLC, the best electricians in Rock Hills, SC. Here, you can be assured of quality electrical services that you cannot guarantee on DIY videos. For more service inquiries and bookings, please visit our website at https://illuminatedelectric.net/or call us at our customer service hotline. What are you waiting for? Call us today!